Monday, January 16, 2012

Polar FT60 Heart Rate Monitor


I earned a trophy on my Polar FT60 heart rate monitor! I have had my heart rate monitor for a year now and I love it. I won't work out without it. I did a lot of research before I bought this model and I have to say, I have not been disappointed.
When you first set up your watch, you enter in your height, weight, and activity level. To set up your weekly program, you decide if you want to lose weight, maximize fitness, or improve fitness. The program tells you how long to train for the week and how long to train in each of the 3 heart rate zones. It also keeps track of calories burned for the week and tracks your weight as you go to make adjustments to your programs. I have learned that if I don't hit the goal targets for the week, I won't lose any weight. I always lose weight on the weeks that I hit the goals. You can earn 1 to 3 stars for hitting some of your goals or a trophy if you hit 100%. This simple star program motivates me to get out of bed and run on the treadmill when I know I am close to earning a star or trophy.
I also have the sync cable so I can download the data from my workouts. Polar has a really nice website with many awesome features.
If you are looking for exercise motivation and guidance on improving your fitness, I would recommend this heart rate monitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment